September 3, 2020
Mission Central is hiring for the position of Community Resource Coordinator
The Community Resource Coordinator connects Mission Central’s guests to services that will help empower them to improve their own quality of life. This person coordinates delivery of our in-house services and facilitates external agencies providing services on our campus. The Community Resource Coordinator is a full-time non-exempt position, working 40 hours a week and reporting to the Executive Director. The typical schedule for this position is Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm, however evening hours, and occasional weekend hours, may be required to accommodate the needs of our guests. The Community Resource Coordinator is expected to demonstrate Mission Central’s CORE values of compassion, open-mindedness, respect and empowerment while performing all job duties and responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Monitor and report on the needs of Mission Central’s guests.
- Build relationships with other Tarrant County service providers, with a goal of creating partnerships that bring needed services to Mission Central’s guests.
- Oversee and assist Mobile Food Pantry intake volunteers and service providers.
- Ensure all Mobile Food Pantry data is accurately collected and reported.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of weekly CORE Connection newsletter.
- Monitor local social media groups, responding to questions from the public regarding human service needs.
- Supervise and assist in training volunteers at the Village Pantry, Community Resource Center, Mobile Food Pantry, and Career Center.
- Schedule volunteers for the Community Resource Center and Village Pantry. Fill in as needed to ensure continuity of programs.
- Oversee provision of HEB Transit cards to Mission Central’s guests.
- Oversee provision of gift cards to Mission Central’s guests for specific needs such as gas or prescriptions.
- Create and maintain systems that ensure all Village Pantry guests are asked if they need additional resource or career services assistance.
- Train and equip volunteers to provide resource connections to our guests. (During COVID-19, this will involve working with volunteers remotely.)
- Provide follow-up to guests who express a need for job assistance. Create and manage internal systems for responding to their needs and/or refer them to external agencies.
- Create and maintain systems that track activities with guests and allow us to measure our impact in the community.
- Supervise and train program interns as requested.
- Maintain up-to-date written procedures for common tasks of the Community Resource Coordinator and supervised volunteers.
- Be an ambassador for Mission Central, sharing our good work with our constituents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference for a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a non-profit organization, providing services to those who are economically disadvantaged.
- Strong technology skills are required. Candidate must be able to use Microsoft Office products, Gmail, and Zoom.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of people from many cultures and diverse backgrounds.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to pass the Mission Central background check.
- Strong communication, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish or French a plus.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Resource Coordinator” in the subject line. Anticipated start date is October 1, 2020.
Mission Central is an equal opportunity employer.