We’re hiring a part-time Store Associate!
This is a fun resale environment- no Sundays or late evenings!
To apply, send resume to [email protected]
The Mission Central Thrift Store
The Store Associate works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Store Manager and/or Director of Resale Operations who reports to the Executive Director. The Store Associate works 15-20 hours a week during the open hours of the assigned store. The Store Associate will normally work at the same location (Mission Central Thrift Store or Coat of Many Colors), but from time to time may be asked to train or work at the other store. The Store Associate is expected to demonstrate Mission Central’s CORE values of compassion, open-mindedness, respect and empowerment while performing all job duties and responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Reporting to work in time to assist with opening the store as scheduled. This includes assisting with unlocking the doors, opening the cash register, adjusting the HVAC to appropriate level, etc.
- Working with the Assistant Store Manager/DRO to ensure that volunteers are available to staff the store during all working hours; supervising volunteers while they are on duty.
- Assisting the Assistant Store Manager/DRO with training volunteers about all store operations, as needed.
- Assisting customers, Mission Central guests with gift cards, and volunteers in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintaining cleanliness and overall professional appearance of the store and receiving area including proper hanging of clothing on racks, proper sizing, etc.
- Sorting and pricing of donated merchandise in accordance with store procedures, as requested.
- Disposing of unusable merchandise in accordance with store procedures, as requested.
- Operating the cash register including sales, opening and closing procedures, returns, voids, changing register tape, etc.
- Reporting the need to order supplies to the Assistant Store Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Store Manager/DRO or Executive Director.
- Experience in retail, marketing, business or other related work.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, including but not limited to furniture and heavy bags of clothing, etc.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.