October 31, 2019
We are hiring a Store Associate at the Mission Central Thrift Store.
The Store Associate of the Mission Central Thrift Store works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Store Manager and/or Director of Resale Operations who reports to the Executive Director. The Store Associate works 20-25 hour a week. Days/hours may vary, within the times of 9 am – 6:30 pm, Monday -Saturday. The Store Associate is expected to demonstrate Mission Central’s CORE values of compassion, open-mindedness, respect and empowerment while performing all job duties and responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Reporting to work in time to assist with opening the store as scheduled. This includes assisting with unlocking the doors, opening the cash register, adjusting the HVAC to appropriate level, etc.
- Working with the Assistant Store Manager/DRO to ensure that volunteers are available to staff the store during all working hours; supervising volunteers while they are on duty.
- Assisting the Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager with training volunteers about all store operations, as needed.
- Assisting customers, Mission Central guests with gift cards, and volunteers in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintaining cleanliness and overall professional appearance of the store and receiving area including proper hanging of clothing on racks, proper sizing, etc.
- Sorting and pricing of donated merchandise in accordance with store procedures, as requested.
- Disposing of unusable merchandise in accordance with store procedures, as requested.
- Operating the cash register including sales, opening and closing procedures, returns, voids, changing register tape, etc.
- Reporting the need to order supplies to the Assistant Store Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Store Manager/DRO or Executive Director.
- Experience in retail, marketing, business or other related work.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, including but not limited to furniture and heavy bags of clothing, etc.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
To Apply for the Position:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Mission Central is an EEO employer.